What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar?
The benefits of apple cider vinegar (also referred to ACV in this article) are well known to those who appreciate natural remedies.
Its fields of action are infinite thanks to its fermentation which gives it a unique composition.
Containing less acetic acid than traditional vinegar, it contains essential amino acids, enzymes, pectin, is rich in vitamin D and B, and in trace elements – potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, boron, phosphorus, silicon.
A true elixir of health, unpasteurized organic cider vinegar can overcome many ailments, whether they affect the skin, hair, eyes, or even when they are organic.
By choosing an apple cider vinegar with the mother, this biofilm that a colony of bacteria produces during fermentation, you have an exceptional product which, as we will detail, can do you a lot of services.
- 1 What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar?
- 2 How to use apple cider vinegar for hair
- 3 Is apple cider vinegar good for cholesterol?
- 4 Irritable bowel cider vinegar
- 5 Is apple cider vinegar good for the stomach?
- 6 Is apple cider vinegar good for diabetes?
- 7 Is ACV good for the liver?
- 8 Is apple cider vinegar good for osteoarthritis?
- 9 Is apple cider vinegar good for the skin?
- 10 Is apple cider vinegar effective for varicose veins
- 11 Does vinegar make you lose weight?
- 12 Is apple cider vinegar anti-fatigue
- 13 How does apple cider vinegar lower blood sugar?
- 14 How to use apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoids
- 15 Does apple cider vinegar lower blood pressure?
- 16 ACV for infections
- 17 Apple cider vinegar and kidney disease
- 18 ACV for hormones
- 19 Apple cider vinegar for the eyes
- 20 What are the contraindications for apple cider vinegar
- 21 Can you drink pure apple cider vinegar?
- 22 How much ACV per day
- 23 What is the best apple cider vinegar?
- 24 All the uses of apple cider vinegar
How to use apple cider vinegar for hair
ACV for hair is a versatile and effective remedy.
This efficiency is explained by its acidity which regulates the pH of the scalp, its action on blood circulation, the presence of acid malic which gives it antiseptic properties, and citric acid which is an antioxidant.
- Whether you have a dry, itchy, or oily scalp, a cider vinegar bath will help hair health.
You just need to mix four tablespoons to one liter of water and apply this natural treatment before or after shampooing.
- By helping to eliminate dandruff, apple cider vinegar helps restore the pH of the scalp.
Just mix a glass of vinegar with a glass of water and apply it for a quarter of an hour before a mild shampoo.
- If you have seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp, the fungicidal properties of apple cider vinegar may help to treat by mixing it in equal parts with water in a spray bottle then spraying your hair and leaving it on for about ten minutes.
Two or three applications will reduce dermatitis.
- Likewise, if you have psoriasis on the scalp, you just need to mix 1 third of ACV in a liter of water and apply it to the hair before rinsing with clean water, two or three times a week.
- In case of hair loss, the acid-base balance and the purifying action of apple cider vinegar can contribute to hair regrowth.
Make a natural solution by mixing it with water in equal parts then spray on the hair, leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing with clear water.
Perform this application twice a week.
Is apple cider vinegar good for cholesterol?
Some studies show that ACV can help lower blood cholesterol levels by the presence of acetic acid in its composition.
It, therefore, eliminates fat more easily and thus helps to stabilize it.
Incorporate it into your diet and consume it with every meal for its benefit.
Irritable bowel cider vinegar
The bactericidal and remineralizing properties of this apple vinegar promote the intestinal flora and regulate transit.
- It overcomes an irritable bowel and puts an end to spasms by just taking a teaspoonful in a glass of water.
- It stops diarrhea by its natural antibiotic action by ingesting 2 teaspoons in a glass of water 3 times a day.
- It fights constipation through its bactericidal action. Drink 2 teaspoons in a glass of water once a day for a week.
- By drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of ACV before each meal, you will find the perfect remedy to fight intestinal gas.
- It can even overcome intestinal candidiasis thanks to the enzymes it contains and their detox effect.
Is apple cider vinegar good for the stomach?
Apple cider vinegar is a real ally for good digestion.
If you have to face long and heavy festive meals, consider adding a teaspoonful to a glass of water and drink it half an hour before the feast.
Your stomach and its difficult digestion will thank you.
The enzymes in ACV are used to treat many digestive disorders.
– If you suffer from stomach cramps, drinking a teaspoonful in a glass of water in the morning at fasting for 15 days will significantly reduce burns.
– If you have been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer, you can try incorporating apple cider vinegar into your diet (in moderation) to try to eradicate the Helicobacter Pylori bacterium at its origin.
– There is no real evidence that apple cider vinegar has an impact on stomach cancer.
Nevertheless, we know that cancer cells proliferate aggressively in an acidic environment.
But again, there is no evidence that cancer cells stop proliferating in an alkaline medium.
Some studies have shown the benefits of vinegar on cancer but the trials have not been conducted on humans.
You can include apple cider vinegar in your diet to benefit from its possible benefits, but this should in no way exempt you from treatment.
Is apple cider vinegar good for diabetes?
The acetic and lactic acids in apple cider vinegar can help lower blood glucose levels and thus stabilize blood sugar if diabetes and prediabetes.
They are of great interest to patients with insulin resistance.
Vinegar can have a real impact on diabetes just by adding it to your diet.
20 to 30 ml consumed with meals appear to decrease the glucose and insulin response in the blood.
– If you have type 1 diabetes, avoid consuming it because it has a hypoglycemic effect.
– If you have type 2 diabetes, consume 1 to 2 tablespoons maximum of apple cider vinegar twice per day during your meals.
Is ACV good for the liver?
As we have seen, ACV is excellent for digestion, it also promotes liver detox.
The enzymes it contains will do a deep cleansing while acetic acid provides its bactericidal properties.
– For a liver detox cure, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to your salads or in a glass of water (before each meal) for 3 days.
– In case of a liver attack, consider drinking a glass of water with a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar to calm spasms and be able to sleep.
– If you suffer from the fatty liver which may lead to cirrhosis, incorporate a tablespoon of apple vinegar into your diet every day.
Is apple cider vinegar good for osteoarthritis?
Due to the richness of its composition – magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, sulfur, fluorine, silica, and boron – ACV rebalances the body and helps to remove deposits that form on the joints.
- As a perfect painkiller, you can consume it in your diet or take a tablespoon in a glass of water 3 times a day.
- If you suffer from cervical osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis of the fingers, osteoarthritis of the knee, or arthritis, vinegar is the benchmark anti-inflammatory.
You can consume it daily to alleviate your pain.
You can also use it as an application through soaked compresses applied to painful joints.
- For back pain, try an apple cider vinegar bath. Indeed, two glasses of vinegar added to your bath water will help you relieve pain, relax muscles and benefit from its vitamins.
To further enhance its effect, add a handful of coarse salt and relax.
Apple cider vinegar is excellent for fighting any inflammation.
It has a soothing and decongestant effect, it reduces pain and swelling and ultimately improves joint mobility.
Is apple cider vinegar good for the skin?
With its antioxidant action and its antibacterial, antifungal, and antibiotic properties, ACV is a true ally for the skin.
- Want to get rid of a mole?
Soak a cotton ball in ACV, place it on the mole, and apply a bandage.
Repeat the operation twice a day for 7 days.
- Do you have a brown spot on your skin that bothers you?
Soak a cotton ball with stroke, place it on the brown stain, leave on for 5 minutes then rinse.
Repeat each day until the spot disappears.
- Do you have acne?
Vinegar is a very gentle and very effective cleanser.
It removes excess sebum without drying out, unclogs pores, and rebalances the skin.
Make a tonic lotion by mixing 2 tablespoons in a glass of water.
Soak a cotton ball, apply the lotion to the face, leave on for 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Are you having a cyst bothering you?
By its antiseptic action, apple cider vinegar applied to the skin will help you get rid of it.
If you experience a burn, do not use it pure but mixed with water in equal parts.
- Attack of hives?
The anti-inflammatory effect of ACV is great for reducing itching and pain.
Apply a soaked compress to the lesions or if the area is large, use a bath with 2 glasses of apple vinegar.
- Do you have a cold sore?
Dab the cold sore with a soaked cotton ball, and let dry without rinsing several times a day.
If you have shingles, which is a derivative of herpes, you can apply the same method.
- Does an unsightly wart annoy you?
Just like with the mole, you just need to apply a soaked cotton ball to the wart, put a bandage on and let it act.
The acetic acid and malic acid in ACV will soften and exfoliate the skin.
Dilute the apple cider vinegar in equal parts with water, apply, cover, and keep the dressing for 24 hours.
Repeat until the wart heals.
- Do you suffer from mycosis, that stubborn fungal infection?
Whether on the hands, feet, or nails, you just need to combine 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, make a thick paste and apply to the yeast infection.
Leave the poultice on for 30 minutes then rinse with clear water.
Repeat twice a day.
The disinfectant and soothing properties of sodium bicarbonate will join with the antifungal action of ACV to provide you with quick relief.
- Whether you have oily or dry skin, a lotion made with water and apple cider vinegar rebalances the PH of the dermis.
Even if you do not suffer from any particular condition, you can take advantage of its virtues to cleanse the skin and restore its radiance.
At the same time, you will benefit from its anti-wrinkle action since it also attacks fine lines, helps cell regeneration, and fight free radicals.
You can try to apply it on the face in an astringent lotion mixed 50/50 with water and rinse it off after about ten minutes or better yet, integrate it into your eating routine to benefit from all its benefits.
Is apple cider vinegar effective for varicose veins
ACV is well known to improve blood circulation. Indeed, while eliminating toxins, it cleans the blood.
- If at the end of the day you experience a feeling of heavy legs, do not hesitate to wrap them in a cloth soaked in apple cider vinegar and leave them to act for about 30 minutes.
The freshness associated with the virtues of ACV will help you find light legs.
- If you suffer from varicose veins, apply pure apple cider vinegar directly to the spider veins and massage gently.
It will help restore blood flow while somewhat blurring unsightly veins.
- The restless legs are excessively painful.
By ensuring the acid-base balance of the body, apple cider vinegar manages to relieve them.
You can apply pure apple cider vinegar (in small amounts) to your legs before bedtime.
You can also sip a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV every day, half an hour before bedtime.
- Don’t neglect apple cider vinegar for the feet.
At the rate of one glass for 5 liters of water, it allows you to do a saving foot bath for pain in the legs, swollen ankles, and sore muscles.
In 30 minutes, you will thus benefit from all its virtues by the dermal route.
Does vinegar make you lose weight?
According to a Japanese study, acetic acid in apple cider vinegar appears to activate genes that fight fat accumulation and thus weight gain.
Their conclusion is not clear since further research is required.
The “protocol” given for weight loss is to ingest 2 tablespoons diluted in a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach and before each meal.
If you want to give it a try, remember that ACV is acidic, it can be very irritating to the stomach and attack tooth enamel when not sufficiently diluted.
Is apple cider vinegar anti-fatigue
Apple cider vinegar can naturally help fight fatigue because it detoxifies the body and rebalances it.
For anti-fatigue action, dilute 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey in a glass of water.
Drink one glass a day in the morning on an empty stomach if possible for a month.
On the other hand, if you experience fatigue after consuming apple cider vinegar, likely, this natural remedy is not for you and your body lets you know it.
How does apple cider vinegar lower blood sugar?
US researchers confirm that apple cider vinegar is effective in lowering blood sugar.
Taking two tablespoons in a glass of water on an empty stomach before breakfast has shown improvement in insulin sensitivity ranging from 19 to 34%.
Their trial also showed that ingesting two tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water followed by a small snack before bedtime lowered blood sugar by 4% the next morning.
Note that further studies are needed.
How to use apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoids
Apple cider vinegar appears to be particularly effective against hemorrhoids.
Three ways of using it are recommended in this case:
1 – Take a morning and evening glass of water with a teaspoonful of ACV.
This method is suitable for internal hemorrhoids.
2- Soak in cotton wool and apply it directly to the affected area three times per day.
Of course, this method is for external hemorrhoids.
3 – Freeze a cotton ball soaked in vinegar then use it as a suppository left in place for 30 minutes.
Its action is then done by the mucous membranes while acting directly on the veins.
Does apple cider vinegar lower blood pressure?
Apple cider vinegar can help lower blood pressure noticeably by consuming a glass of water with 2 teaspoons for breakfast.
Of course, if you are on specific medication, this does not exempt you from continuing your treatment.
Note that ACV limits the water retention often generated by drugs for hypertension.
ACV for infections
Apple cider vinegar excels in the treatment of infections, already known for its effective action in candidiasis and fungal conditions.
- If you suffer from a urinary tract infection, it will be your major ally.
You must first increase urine volume by drinking plenty to flush bacteria and calm inflammation.
Add 2 teaspoons of ACV to a quart of water and drink it slowly.
It speeds healing from cystitis by attacking bacteria on the walls of the bladder.
- If you have a lung infection, the antibacterial action of apple cider vinegar can help you.
Besides, regulating the PH, it will also help you to thin the bronchial mucus.
To experience its benefits, mix a tablespoon in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle 3 times a day.
It will accomplish its action through the mucous membranes.
- If you have a dental infection, from toothache to abscess, dilute a teaspoon in a glass of water and gargle for a long time before rinsing off with clean water.
Do this 3 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar activates blood circulation and cellular exchanges to accelerate healing.
Plus, its antibacterial action will help relieve pain.
Apple cider vinegar and kidney disease
Because it is rich in antioxidants, apple cider vinegar protects kidney health.
By eliminating free radicals, it inhibits the inflammatory response.
In addition, by its antibacterial action, it flushes toxins from the kidneys and bladder.
- You can add a dash of apple cider vinegar to your salads if you have chronic kidney disease.
On the other hand, you must suppress it from your diet if your potassium level is high.
- ACV is said to be very effective for a kidney stones. But what is it?
It seems that the acidity of apple cider vinegar helps dissolve the tissues that make up kidney stones while eliminating the toxins favorable to their formation.
If formed, it can also dissolve the smaller ones and allow their evacuation through the urine.
For quick action, add two tablespoons to a glass of water and drink it once a day until improving.
As a maintenance treatment, drink this natural remedy twice a week.
Remember, the key to treating kidney problems is in the amount of water you drink each day!
ACV for hormones
- The hormone imbalance of menopause can induce hot flashes and night sweats.
Drinking a glass of water with two tablespoons of ACV once or twice a day can help regulate them.
- A push from juvenile acne is often due to hormonal imbalance.
Astringent by acetic acid, apple cider vinegar is an excellent cleanser for the skin.
It treats excess sebum and purifies the pores.
Make a tonic lotion by adding 2 tablespoons to a glass of warm water.
Soak a cotton ball in this lotion, cleanse the face, avoid the eye area, leave on for 15 minutes then rinse well with clean water.
Apple cider vinegar for the eyes
Also friendly to the eyes, ACV provides relief when they are irritated or tired.
The malic acid it contains offers antibacterial action that helps fight conjunctivitis or stye.
To experience its benefits for eye problems, mix a tablespoon in a glass of water with a teaspoon of honey.
Drink this remedy twice a day until the infection is gone.
What are the contraindications for apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar shows no signs of toxicity but may be counterproductive for some people.
Its acidity is an asset for some, and a great disadvantage for others.
If you have a severe stomach ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, or gallbladder dysfunction, you won’t be able to handle it.
Topically, you can develop an allergy resulting in a burn on contact with the skin.
Can you drink pure apple cider vinegar?
Like all kinds of vinegar, ACV is corrosive to tooth enamel.
It is therefore advisable to favor a systematic dilution.
If it causes digestive discomfort, it is also recommended to include it in your diet rather than drinking it directly.
How much ACV per day
Depending on health concerns, 2 teaspoons or tablespoons are usually indicated.
2 teaspoons equal about 10ml, and 2 tbsp is 20ml.
If you include ACV in your diet, use 1 teaspoon in your salad to start to test its effect on your body.
Subsequently, if this remedy works for you, you can increase the dosage to suit the intended use.
For topical use, proceed as with essential oils.
Don’t go straight for a full apple cider vinegar facial cleanse.
Dab a cotton ball soaked in the mixture on your forearm, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
Wait 24 hours to detect any allergic reaction.
Hopefully, you can use it normally.
What is the best apple cider vinegar?
There are many kinds of vinegar in supermarkets but be careful they are not suitable for the use you are looking for.
To benefit from its real virtues, you absolutely must find an organic cider vinegar, pure and containing the mother, this biofilm which is formed during fermentation.
I therefore recommend:
– The Bragg organic apple cider vinegar (#ad) is the most famous AVC. It of course contains the mother and offers an appreciable bitter-sweet taste.
– The unpasteurized organic vinegar (#ad) with mother, which offers you a slightly fruity aftertaste that you will like.
– And if you really want to test this unique product but are somewhat dreading its specific taste, you can always try the Apple cider vinegar capsules (#ad) to form an opinion.
All the uses of apple cider vinegar
Organic apple cider vinegar can be a great health aid when incorporated into a daily routine.
It helps and can alleviate many concerns but as with all-natural products, it must be dosed moderately and not be overdone to benefit of all its virtues.
It’s up to you to try a cure to find out if it can help you.
Then let me know your thoughts in the comments.